Webroot Spysweeper Download

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Spysweeper vs CounterSpy

Webroot Spysweeper is a powerful tool for detecting and removing both adware and spyware programs. With all of the attention that's being paid to adware and spyware, in my opinion it's wise to have a program that is specifically designed to deal with it. And Spysweeper seems like an excellent answer. In testing it out I'm finding the program to be quite fast. That's a real benefit when you have lots of files on your system that need scanning. The program utilizes a spyware database that's kept current so you can avoid even the latest spyware. The program is very easy-to-use and has a nice, intuitive interface.

I've always liked Spysweeper download, ever since it first hit the net. I had a few problems with the early version 3 but since v4.5 it's been fine. I don't run it resident as it's a fair resource hog, well it is if you have all the shields active. It is very good at picking out all the traces and is therefore good at finding remnants of previous infection's, so the comet detection may be legit. I purchased Spysweeper download and was able to take a 40% reduction using the discount code WRKMOM. They have a two-year subscription option ($10 extra for the second year less $4 discount) which makes the final price an excellent deal.
Was surprised at all that Spysweeper picked up that CounterSpy had never even flagged. My CounterSpy subscription was going to expire pretty soon, and I personally like Spysweeper download much better already.